Tuesday 27 April 2010

Product Rave.1.

Lots of random products that I want to rave about.

My hair is naturally curly, so when I dry it with a hairdryer it transforms itself into a frizz so intense that even though my mum has seen it many, many times, she still laughs hysterically at me when she sees my hair post-hairdryer.
So I started using this and it works, taming the frizz, doesn't weigh my hair down and make it get greasy any quicker than normally, I can even put it on my roots and it won't get greasy, which in my books is a sign of great craftsmanship. And makes it soft, hence why I've almost finished the tube. My mum said she can only get it from Sainsbury's so am not sure where else you can get it.

My lips have serious moisture problems, most of the time they are somewhat chapped, and the rest they are at the stage of dry and rough that they hurt, so I always use some sort of lip balm, and do lots and lots of reapplying throughout the day. I've been using Lypsyl Original for quite a while now, I've used about six altogether and get through about one every two weeks (but like I said, I am always reapplying) and it is really good, when they are not dry it prevents them from getting that way, and other times, e.g when I went Alton towers and woke up the next morning with lips bright red and sore, they help soothe them
I get it from Wilkinson's for a cheap amount.


I got the No7 Mineral Perfection Blusher when there was a voucher offer on, I think it was £5 off £8.75 so it was a good bargain. I like this product because it is seriously long lasting and gives a really nice soft, airbrushed finish, and paired with bronzer it adds really nice colour to my face. Plus you only need a little bit of product and is going to last ages.
The only thing I don't like is the packaging, but I don't like the sifter jars in general, wish it was exactly the same just different container.

I got colour Rose Pink 05.


(Sorry about picture and swatch quality)



My sister kept on telling me to try Collection 2000 Volume Sensation Waterproof Mascara out, she has been swearing by it for quite a while; I think I've seen about four tubes in her room. So I finally decided that I would give it ago.
I like it; it is buildable and is good at separating lashes and making them thick and long..long, long; when I was wearing my glasses one time my lashes kept touching the glass which was both annoying, and impressive.
The brush is big and chunky and sometimes I have a problem with hitting the bridge of my nose at the sides because of the brush size, but to fix that you just have to be more careful.
When it comes to removing it I do have to work at it a lot harder than my other mascaras but I think that's because it looks exactly the same as it does at night when I put it on 12 hours ago in the morning, and isn't one to melt away throughout the day. As long as you're willing to take it off properly then there is no problem, but otherwise you end up with what looks like really bad bags under your eyes. Both all worth, it in my opinion.

Also another product I was forced into buying by my sister, but it hasn't disappointed. I will preface by saying I don't really like foundation, I went off it a while back and just didn't see the point of it when powder seemed enough, well I was stupid.
It gives good medium coverage, getting rid of uneven colouring, and leaves a flawless finish. It isn't thick and so doesn't feel like you are blocking up your pores. As a product it claims to conceal the signs of fatigue such as dark circles, imperfections in skin tone and a dull or muddy complexion, and it does just that. I also haven't had any unusual breakouts either (insert BIG thumbs up)
Basically, if I don't wear this now, I feel really naked, so I am converted back to foundation.

My mum used to use this body mosituriser all the time, and I hated the smell, but then I used it on myself and it doesn't seem to smell as intense when it's you. But smells actually very nice. Now my sister moans about the smell when I'm using it. Strange.
I apply it right after getting out of the bath, because the heat of the water and steam in the room helps the moisturiser to really soak in. It basically does what I'd expected of a moisturiser, makes my skins very soft, lasts until I bath again (every two days), smells nice (apparently only to the user), no longer feels sticky by the time I go bed which is majorly important to me. Plus it is suppose to smooth and blend scars and stretch marks plus I've heard when massaging it into an area with cellulite it helps get rid of it, which is always a benefit.

I like having at least one intensive hair conditioning at home, and usually I just try out new products but I really like Boots own Coconut & Almond Intensive Hair Mask for Normal to Dry Hair, enough that I bought a second tub.
To me it smells like bounty chocolate but no-one else agrees with me, my mum thinks it smells like marzipan..... so go smell it yourself if you think you might want it.
It claims to leave hair soft, shiny, tangle free and deeply moisturised; It definitely leaves hair soft, not sure about shiny, I find that hard to judge, I don't have tangle prone hair, and it does leave it moisturised. So to me it does exactly what I want and need it to do. And it only cost about £2 I think which isn't bad for the amount you get.
I leave it in for 5minutes like it suggests and then just wash it out like normal conditioner.
I bought this from Wilkinson's basically because I thought it looked and felt cool. I got the purifying one for blemish prone skin. It doesn't give any instructions (which I prefer having) so what I do is (and let me know if I am doing this wrong or if there is a better way of doing it) wet my face with water, then wet the 'scrublet' (am I strange for thinking that's a really cute name for it??) and add the gel wash to it. I pat it onto my face on both cheeks, forehead, nose and chin and then start the rotation movements; I do this to make sure all parts of my face have even amounts of the gel. It works itself into a foam and you don't really need that much gel because it foams very well. I carry on the scrubbing until I am personally satisfied then I rinse it off with warm water and then a splash of cold to close to pores. Then do my face moisturiser.

It says it gives a clean sensation which it really does, I never really knew what people meant by a 'clean sensation' (thats bad) before, even with soap or when I exfoliate, it just left my skin feeling more dry than clean, but this really does leave it 'clean', it even has that 'clean' smell. It says it give velvety smooth skin, which I will also vouch for, and then finally says in makes pores look smaller, which I think is too early to tell with me yet, but I would re-buy it just for the other reasons.

Done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment